Financing of district-level renovation programmes of private affordable housing led by public institutions25-05-2023
Most of the affordable housing is privately owned. Many of these houses, affordable or not, need significant renovations, notably to improve their energy performance. Public entities have often taken the lead to develop large renovation programmes, normally focusing on energy renovations.
In this webinar run by GNE Finance on May 25th (14:00-16:00 CET), we will review several approaches to finance these programmes. A key issue that these programmes face is by convincing dwelling owners to renovate their houses, in particular, energy renovations have generally a low priority for them. Financing can contribute significantly to this objective, notably for lower-income households.
Moderated by Eduard Puig Maclean – GNE Finance.
Ignacio de la Puerta Rueda – Director of Territorial Planning and Urban Agenda of the Basque Government
Françoise Refabert – Founder of Vesta Conseil&Finance and co-head of Energies Demain
Sylwia Słomiak – Strategic Advisor to 20+ mayors at Association of the Wisloka River Basin Communes, In-house consultant for PROSPECT+ and Big Buyers, Country expert for Poland at European City Facility, and Founder of FINDINITIATIVE
The presentations will include information and case presentations of funding opportunities, such as:
- EU level financial and technical assistance tools (Recovery and Resilience Facility Scheme, InvestEU, ELENA, LIFE, Technical Support Instrument).
- Mobilisation of private capital investments, such as the potential of social and green bonds, and facilitating their access for members of local industrial partnerships.
- The creation of project pipelines to tap into the potential of instruments, funds and programmes for district renovation targeting social and affordable housing.
- Financial advisory to members of local industrial partnerships to make complex financing arrangements for renovation at district level going beyond energy efficiency, including social innovation, access to social and local services, empowerment of residents.
- National or local funding opportunities targeting urban regeneration projects at district level could also be investigated on case-by-case basis, according to the needs of the local industrial partnerships.
- Funding opportunities at European level under Horizon Europe or a Smart Cities call.
More information will follow.
Subscribe to our newsletter here and do not miss a thing about the upcoming events.