Financing district-level renovation programmes of private affordable housing led by financial institutions & Social innovation in renovation12-04-2023
The Affordable Housing Initiative support programme (SHAPE-EU) has been up and running for a year.
A series of online training days are starting in spring 2023 and will run throughout the rest of the year.
On April 12, GNE Finance will introduce you to the financing of large renovation programmes of private affordable housing while in the second half of the day, Energy Cities will focus on how to introduce social innovation in renovation.
12th April 2023 I online
Financing district-level renovation programmes of private affordable housing led by financial institutions
Financial institutions are developing more programmes to promote the renovation of private residential dwellings, including providing project development services.
In this webinar, we will analyse the experience of these institutions and focus on their advantages and drawbacks.
We will be looking for answers to the following big questions.
- Has finance played a significant role in convincing homeowners to renovate their homes?
- How much/many grants are needed, notably for low incomes?
- Has “debt aversion” been a significant barrier to developing energy renovations?
- From experience, what are the requirements in terms of cost, duration and guarantees of the loans to house owners?
- Have innovative ways to finance that have been successful to develop the market?
- Has cost neutrality been an objective?
- What are the main objectives of the financial institutions to develop such programmes, notably to get involved in project development?
- What are the main advantages for the financial institution? What are the main drawbacks?
Moderated by J. Alario, GNE Finance and former Associate Director at European Investment Bank
Register here for both webinars.
Renovation of affordable and social housing districts: social innovation
How to optimise the engagement and strengthen the position of the local community in energy renovation projects at district level? TU Delft is developing a “social innovation blueprint”, guidelines for actors involved in such renovation projects.
Then participants will have the chance to hear the testimony of the Progetto Energheia initiative that renovated several condominiums in the Turin area, Italy, both improving the energy efficiency of buildings and creating energy communities for their inhabitants.
- Dr Queena K. Qian and Prof. H. J. Visscher, Technische Universiteit (TU) Delft
- Ezio Chiaramello, ACEA Pinerolese Energia S.r.l.
Moderated by Bénédicte Weber, Energy Cities
Register here for both webinars
This webinar takes place within the framework of the EU-funded European Affordable Housing Consortium. SHAPE-EU is the point of reference for a socially-inclusive Renovation Wave and New European Bauhaus.
THE TRAINING DAYS IN A NUTSHELL
The training days will be focused on the content of the Blueprint Modules and the lessons learnt from the best practices analysed. They will serve as providing the main aspects to apply for successful district renovations, and give willingness for local industry partners to join more in-depth capacity-building activities.
On the other hand, the webinar series on funding deep renovation will include information and case presentations of funding opportunities, such as:
- EU level financial and technical assistance tools (Recovery and Resilience Facility Scheme, InvestEU, ELENA, LIFE, Technical Support Instrument).
- Mobilisation of private capital investments, such as the potential of social and green bonds, and facilitating their access for members of local industrial partnerships.
- The creation of project pipelines to tap into the potential of instruments, funds and programmes for district renovation targeting social and affordable housing.
- Financial advisory to members of local industrial partnerships to make complex financing arrangements for renovation at district level going beyond energy efficiency, including social innovation, access to social and local services, empowerment of residents.
- National or local funding opportunities targeting urban regeneration projects at district level could also be investigated on case-by-case basis, according to the needs of the local industrial partnerships.
- Funding opportunities at European level under Horizon Europe or a Smart Cities call.
Subscribe to our newsletter here and do not miss a thing about the upcoming events.