Technical and technological renovation & Financing deep renovation in social housing10-05-2023
The third online training day shifts the focus. In the morning, Energy Cities will introduce the role of technology in renovation while in the afternoon, GNE Finance will provide you with insight on the financing of large programmes aiming at a deep renovation of social housing.
More information will follow a month prior to the session.
10th May 2023 I online
Renovation of affordable and social housing districts: technical and technological innovation
Moderator, Elina Sergejeva, project manager, Energy Cities
Design and architectural approaches at the building scale in the context of a district renovation
Nerea Gomez, project manager ETCP
Schoonschip – a sustainable, circular, residential community of floating houses in Amsterdam
Eelke Kingma, Schoonschip community member
The New European Bauhaus principles
Steven Ware, partner and architect, ARTBuild architecture studio
Financing of large programmes aiming at a deep renovation of social housing
This webinar refers to the classical large/district-level social housing renovation projects that cover both energy and non-energy renovations. Up until now, the main sources of financing have been own resources and public financing. We will explore the use of EU sources of financing and of private finance.
Álvaro Salamanca Alcázar – Project Manager at GNE Finance
Edit Lakatos – Senior Policy Officer at Housing Europe
Gerlinde Gutheil-Knopp-Kirchwald – Head of housing at Austrian Federation of Limited Profit Housing Associations (GBV)
Kaspar Alev – Climate Change Specialist at Tartu – City of Good Energy
Robin van Leijen. Senior European Public Affairs at Aedes, the Netherlands
The training days will be focused on the content of the Blueprint Modules and the lessons learnt from the best practices analysed. They will serve as providing the main aspects to apply for successful district renovations, and give willingness for local industry partners to join more in-depth capacity-building activities.
On the other hand, the webinar series on funding deep renovation will include information and case presentations of funding opportunities, such as:
- EU level financial and technical assistance tools (Recovery and Resilience Facility Scheme, InvestEU, ELENA, LIFE, Technical Support Instrument).
- Mobilisation of private capital investments, such as the potential of social and green bonds, and facilitating their access for members of local industrial partnerships.
- The creation of project pipelines to tap into the potential of instruments, funds and programmes for district renovation targeting social and affordable housing.
- Financial advisory to members of local industrial partnerships to make complex financing arrangements for renovation at district level going beyond energy efficiency, including social innovation, access to social and local services, empowerment of residents.
- National or local funding opportunities targeting urban regeneration projects at district level could also be investigated on case-by-case basis, according to the needs of the local industrial partnerships.
- Funding opportunities at European level under Horizon Europe or a Smart Cities call.
Subscribe to our newsletter here and do not miss a thing about the upcoming events.