Banco de BensMatosinhos, Portugal Economic sustainability, Local social sustainability
MatosinhosHabit-MH, EM implemented the Bank of Goods Program, which presents itself as a complementary social response, aiming to provide a better quality of life and well-being to residents in situations of economic and social vulnerability, promoting work in network, stimulating the circular economy and solidarity.
MatosinhosHabit-MH, E.M bases its action on the fundamental right to housing and is also responsible for projects for social development and integration and for the continuous improvement of the population’s quality of life, in addition to the management of the municipal building.
Aware of the current socio-economic and housing, Matosinhos Habit-MH, EM, has been adopting strategies of proximity to the community, in the adaptation and maintenance of the house, empowering and training families in their daily lives, in socio-community integration, and in improving personal and social skills.
- Circular economy and economic sustainability
- Promotion of solidarity.
- Valuation of mutual assistance.
- Preservation of the environment.
- Câmara Municipal de Matosinhos
- Rede Social de Matosinhos
- União das Freguesias de Perafita, Lavra e Santa Cruz do Bispo
- União das Freguesias de Custóias, Leça do Balio e Guifões
- União das Freguesias de São Mamede de infesta e Senhora da Hora
- União das Freguesias de Matosinhos e Leça da Palmeira
Actions carried out
- At first, this project receives goods donated by individuals and institutions, they are cataloged and registered in the database. Subsequently, the goods available will be donated.
- Partner institutions send to MatosinhosHabit the requests, identifying families and institutions with economic difficulties, and after analysis and in accordance with the Bank of Goods Regulations, the goods are donated.
The objectives proposed by the project have been achieved, with high participation of the community.
The expectations and subsequent satisfaction of the participants are evident, with formal public demonstrations and the positive manifestation.
Following the network, from March to April 2021, 4 local institutions and 5 citizens have already contributed with 59 equipments, having been supported 10 families and 9 local institutions with the total of 33 assets donated.
Why it works
- Promotes the development of networking, with local institutions, redistributing efforts to promote social cohesion;
- It contributes to supplying or reducing some immediate needs and improving the living conditions of people in situations of socioeconomic vulnerability;
- It promotes the recycling of equipment, in a logic of environmental sustainability and profitability of resources;
- It encourages the joining of efforts and volunteering.