Transitional holistic ecosystem for better energy efficiency through social innovationRelations to stakeholders
Although most of the strategies to achieve energy efficiency in buildings focus on technical mitigation measures, to reach the ambitious goals on Low Carbon set by EU and Alpine Strategy (EUSALP), both structural and soft approaches shall be considered complementarily across the Alpine Space.
THE4BEES focuses on the behavioural changes of users in public buildings needed to achieve reduction of energy consumption. Such changes will be originated by the use of innovative ICT applications developed by a transnational ecosystem. Those applications will be used by the target groups in the demonstration sites (schools, houses, factories) to encourage behavioural changes for energy efficiency and carbon footprint reduction.
The project is based on the hypothesis that “Who consumes energy are people, not just buildings”. Therefore, the project focuses on the behavioural changes of energy consumers needed to reduce energy consumption.
Applications will then be tested by users themselves in public buildings, later measuring the energy savings they make.
Draft policies will also be implemented to guide policy makers in implementing energy performance standards. The objective is to address the problem of energy saving, fuel poverty, with soft measures, alongside the structural measures for the construction/renovation of buildings.
- CSI Piemonte (IT)
- Lombardy Region (IT)
- ALER Bg-Lc-So (IT)
- E-Zavod (SI)
- KSSENA-Energy Agency for Savinjska
- Šaleška and Koroška region (SI)
- Research Studios Austria Forschungsgesellschaft mbH (AT)
- HES-SO Haute école d’ingénierie et d’architecture de Fribourg (CH)
- Association HESPUL (Rhône-Alpes) (FR)
- Rhônalpénergie-Environnement (FR)
- CSP innovazione nelle ICT (IT)
- CNR-IEIIT Istituto di Elettronica e di Ingegneria dell’Informazione e delle TLC (IT)
- Baden-Württemberg: Connected ev (DE)
- IREES - Institute for Resource Efficiency and Energy Strategies (DE)
Actions carried out
- Awareness raising
- Wrap-up of results and draft of "soft policies" in the field of energy and territorial development
- Experimentation by energy users (tenant of Social Housing in Sondrio)
- Development of co-creation and codesign labs
- Study of best practices
- Strategies and methodologies for users engagement through co-creation activities
- Models and recommendations for improvement of policies
- Sensing networks and IT applications, including specifications, hardware and software
Total budget: € 2.694.646,65 (€ 2.290.449,00 ERDF)
Lisa Cosmi from CSI – Italy